Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Nolen gurer payesh so Thee Bestow Thy Flickering Light Forever.

When it’s a life-gives-you-lemons kind of a day, what do you do? Yeah, apart from making lemonade, what do you do?
I turn to mind-numbing activities and simple, shallow carbohydrates. While my chosen type of carbohydrates relaxes the mind and takes me away from the worries, it also leads me to the land where metabolism is slow and everyone else is fighting to be a size zero. So what do I do?
I watch television. Until my eyes hurt, until I can no more assimilate the stuff that I am watching, until I lose the sense of time and space and till that point when I begin to question my purpose on this planet. As I am rendered wanting of any emotion or capable of thinking, I discover a rare calm. The calm that comes from knowing you have a choice… the choice of being in the impressive pantry of master chef Australia or in the locker room of Seattle Grace. Away from all the lemons of the day…

So, thank you idiot box the greatest of mass media. And if I could I would offer you, to express my utmost gratitude, my favorite dessert, a chilled bowl of nolen gurer payesh.


8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. :) thanks; English premiere league does itfor you? perhaps it tenses you up even more

      Delete
  2. ...and by the way. If you really want to know your purpose in life, read "Of Human Bondage" by Maugham.
    It leaves you in a good mood and leaves you thinking...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks will get that book, i could use some good mood for sure :)

      Delete
  3. what an amazing thought!
    You truly love the idiot box...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the kind offering gesture isn't my original, read the strip :D

      Delete
  4. I read a book...or watch House Hunters International and dream of where I'd move if I could! The TV is a great way to forget your troubles...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah books too, but not the good ones - not the hanif kureshi or the pico iyer types, but the mindless kind, do i dare say - the grey series :-|

      Delete