Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A seaside vacation, 3 days of mindless eating and a few realizations

'SALE' and not the sun's orange loveliness at sunset brings me happiness.
A room with a view is good, but the room should be really good, view often ceases to matter.
There's something called too much seafood.
There's nothing called travelling light.
I am very good at haggling. Anywhere.
Malls and multiplexes are a very important part of my life.
So is a television.
I gazed at the sea and rued missing Benetton's end of season sale back home. Do I need help?

The clouds parted, angels sang, and a golden beam of sunlight was cast...
Maybe I am not too fond of the sea after all. Maybe, Orkut & Facebook albums aren't the best reasons to go on a vacation. And maybe there's really no place like home.

2 comments:

  1. Or maybe this wasn't one of those "fun" seas. The SALEs back home were pathetic. Whatever one (coaxed by one's better half) wanted, was never on SALE-shoes were mostly a size smaller/bigger, and clothes on SALE were ones you'd never be caught dead wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have been trying to sell you this idea for years

    ReplyDelete