Monday, February 16, 2009

Today's fortune: Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.

A harmless orkut break during work and I spot this on my homepage - 'Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life.' I am scared, scared like hell; Oh my God, is that a sign? Is it trying to tell me something. Is it sending a message? Where 'it' could be God/the Orkut fortune teller/my inner self/something spooky. Whatever, with deadlines a little away I indulge in some deep thinking.

Am I living someone else's life? Am I? Yes, I do try to be a better copywriter at work, the loving daughter during my twice a day phone calls to my parents, the caring and no cribbing missus to my man, the always-there-for-you-to crib-about-your-husbands to my friends, etcetera.

But, if I don't try to be any of these then what would I try? I certainly can't imagine being a hippie, nor can I imagine leaving all Moh Maya and heading someplace high. Nopes. This is the only life I know. But now that I am thinking some more, here's what I want to try -

I want to try leaving it all ( the world of copy check, typos and everything) and pursue size zero with utmost seriousness.
I want to try stop worrying about the downturn and thus stop working like a woman possessed.
I want to to try working out like a woman possessed.
I want to try not caring enough about anything.

P.S. Today's fortune: The guy who reads your fortune lost his psychic powers (and his job). We hope you are feeling lucky.
Huh?

4 comments:

  1. someday, i will spend 6 months doing nothing but reading Pinker and gymming

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll play a lot of TT, video games, read all the fiction that I've missed for the the last 5 years, not keep or make any commitments (actually make a lot of commitments and not keep them), despise people with plans, eat every animal in the animal kingdom, every fish in the whatever-it-is-called kingdom, and everything in between. I'll also live on the Goan beach like a goan and be concerned about nothing but my fish curry, rice, and drink....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just logged into orkut and saw the same. I wont say i got scared, but it got me thinking quite the same way as you mentioned.

    "Is it some kind of a signal!"

    What does this really means ... which is the more significant part of the sentence:

    "Your time is limited" (really scaring :P)

    or

    "don't waste it living someone else's life" (Hmmm ... who's life am i leading!!)

    Anyways, the quote is a bit thought provoking. Google gave me the full quote from where it has been extracted:

    "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." - Steve Jobs

    ------------------------

    Regards
    Saurav :)

    ReplyDelete